Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GUNDAM Models: The Blood, sweat, &….. more sweat, i guess? (from my Friendster blog)

Mind you, the title is NOT AN EXAGGERATION!! I did cut my finger (right thumb, to be exact) while cutting away the excess plastic off the parts of my STRIKE FREEDOM FULL BURST MODE. And, my hands tend to get real sweaty during the assembly process. I can’t assemble a GUNPLA with a fan blowing next to me.

(GUNPLA is short for GUNDAM Plastic Model)

Anyways, i’m just writing this to share the joy and pain of building my GUNPLA. I’m proud to announce that i’ve just broken my personal record of assembling a model. My fastest was 3 days, but with my Strike Freedom FBM, i managed to assemble all of it, including the stand & pose in just 2 days!!!! I’ve really outdone myself this time…

To those uncommon to my practice, it’s best to stay away; at least till you get to know the legendary series that spurred on the worldwide craze of GUNPLA building:

Mobile Suit: GUNDAM

and those of the same family, GUNDAM Seed for example. You can find these animes in boxsets in a local video store near you. Malaysians, ANIME Tech is where to find it. Or in my case, place an order & painfully wait for it to come to my grubby hands on them.

Or, if you’re willing to wait, & search, the net always provides a good alternative to download the animes. NO BOX, mind you…

Well, let’s get back to the topic, eh? To me, assembling a gunpla is all about relaxation… That’s me speaking, at least. Why, you may ask. To me, while assembling a gunpla, i really feel like i’m just alone.. no one else disturbing me. In other words: TOTAL PEACE.

My parents understands this, they do not disturb me during those times, unless to remind me to eat or shower. (hehe). They actually support this in a way, my mom especially.. She shows enhthusiasm when i show her the completed ones, like asking ‘how do you pose it?’; ‘what does this part do?’; etc, etc…

Somehow it gives me a deep, DEEP sense of satisfaction with every finished model. That aside, personal satisfaction also plays BIG TIME in this hobby of mine.

Everytime i pose my GUNPLA, take pictures of it… Gosh, it’s just breath-taking to see something so majestic in its pose. It’s just that that drives me on and on to build more GUNPLAs. You can safely say, an addiction, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment